2 positions available.
Location: West Palm Beach, no remote work/telecommuting available. Full time, salary exempt position, requires work authorization in the US, no visa sponsorship available at this time. Industry and Tags: Aviation, Aerospace. Resume and additional documents (A&P License) required to apply. Reports to Director of Maintenance or Designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Maintenance on JAA company aircraft as assigned by VP of Maintenance or Director of Maintenance.
- Provide status updates as required to the Director of Maintenance or designee.
- Responsible for maintaining JAA aircraft and equipment to ensure continuous safety, airworthiness and compliance status within the approved maintenance programs, As and company policies.
- Negotiate and secure quote/contracts with agencies, OMPs required for aircraft, and aircraft parts and component repair, overhaul, modification, etc.
- Coordinate with departments within the company on matters relative to the operations, quality assurance, and maintenance and scheduling of aircraft.
- Review vendor paperwork and construct RTS packages for review and approval for aircraft return to service.
- Review aircraft inspection requirements prior to scheduled maintenance events and monitoring aircraft schedules. Coordinate with VP & Director of Maintenance to schedule aircraft down as required.
- Coordinates maintenance planning to ensure adequate aircraft down time is available. Ensures adequate information is available to coordinate parts in time to meet lead time requirements.
- Assist Quality Manager in aircraft tracking system review and update as required.
- Review discrepancies and direct or accomplish corrective action as authorized.
- Schedule routine maintenance, component changes, inspection, airworthiness directives and service bulletins.
- Establish work assignments and track their completion by vendor maintenance personnel as required on out of service aircraft.
- Supervise On-Call OMPs performing maintenance and returning company aircraft to service.
- Provide technical and logistical support to Maintenance/OMP’s and Flight Crews for active aircraft maintenance discrepancies, Minimum Equipment List, Configuration Deviation List, and Non-MEL Deferred Maintenance Items (DMIs) to determine proper and timely corrective action of discrepancies.
- Ensure that all maintenance performed on aircraft, power plants, appliances and components is performed in accordance with the approved maintenance and inspection program, in accordance with the applicable manufacturers’ maintenance manuals and in accordance with current Regulations.
- Accomplish maintenance personnel or OMP training as required.
- Responsible for the oversight of the control and maintenance of calibrated tools and test equipment used by them or OMP’s they oversee.
- Coordinate the approval of Outsource Maintenance Providers or aircraft maintenance and parts. Maintain reports and records of auditing and evaluations of Outsource Maintenance Providers.
- Maintain aircraft original logbook entries and certs in a neat and orderly fashion. Copies of required documents will be sent in to the JAA Quality department.
- Work directly with Director of Maintenance and keep him informed of any maintenance or paperwork requirements of the aircraft assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Ve
Schedule: Full Time
Employee Status: Regular