Phoenix Flight Academy is affiliated with Aero Management Group LLC. We are a Part 61 and 141-approved flight training program with partnerships with various universities and colleges in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio. Under the Phoenix Flight Academy brand at six (6) of its General Aviation and FBO facilities. Our Part 141 courses outlines cover Private, Instrument, Commercial, and Certified Flight Instructor. Our Part 61 training includes Private, Instrument, Commercial, Multi-Engine, CFI, CFII, and MEI.
Phoenix Flight Academy is a result-focused flight training school that provides students with the tools and skills to be a successful, career-ready pilot. Commercial aviation is a rewarding and high-demand profession and we are uniquely positioned to capitalize on the strongest demand for career pilots in the history of transportation. Phoenix Flight Academy is the premier aviation career solution, bringing high quality, accelerated flight training to students of various career paths.
- Performs flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations in accordance with the approved Training Course Outline.
- Provide high quality flight, ground, and simulator instruction in accordance with Training Course Outline.
- Ensures that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by all assigned students as required by the Training Course Outline.
- Reports on student progress and accurately maintains and updates all appropriate records.
- Promptly report aircraft maintenance discrepancies to the Director of Flight Operations.
- Recommends and develops curriculum and course improvements when appropriate.
- Attends administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned.
- Performs facilities tours and familiarizes customers with PFA policies, procedures, and flight training courses.
- Collects payment from students, and utilizing provided technology appropriately tracks balances and account deficits.
- May assist with new teaching methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Airplane Single Engine Land and Airplane Multi Engine Land
- CFI, CFII, MEI, and AGI
- Tailwheel, high performance endorsements
- Must hold a current FAA Medical Certificate
- Must have full knowledge of all curriculums authorized to teach.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight.
- Ability to teach and perform well in classroom setting. Computer skills are required.
- Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
- Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to pass an initial and on-going drug and alcohol testing program
- Must pass a Federal Background check.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Ve
Schedule: Full Time
Employee Status: Regular